Saturday, February 11, 2006

Hometown(ish) representing

One night last week, I actually managed to get home in time to catch The Daily Show, and one of the stories featured not only my home state but a town not too far from where I live. The subject was the growing controversy over pharmacists refusing to fill prescriptions for birth control pills - most often emergency contraception. The pharmacist they were interviewing was Ron Stephens who also happens to be a state representative from nearby Bond County, Illinois.

Governor Rod Blagojevich - who has taken action to ensure that Illinois women have access to the medications their doctors prescribe them - was also on the show.

That's all I've got for now. I'm suffering from a pretty intense cold/flu/sinus sort of thing so I've been engaging in such luxuries as actually sleeping more than 5 hours a night. I'll be getting back to that right about now.

1 Comments:

At 4:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Would this be the same Ron Stephens that had his own pharmacist license suspended for diverting controlled substances from his pharmacy? And he is lecturing us on moral values????

 

Post a Comment

<< Home